Ryobi Cordless Drill – Best Choice
When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Thanks for helping us do what we love.
Ryobi 18v One+ Brushless 3-speed Impact Driver
Ryobi Cordless Drill - Review
Ryobi Drill with Battery - TOP 4
- Ryobi P1832 18V One+ Handheld Drill/Driver and Impact Driver Kit.
- Ryobi Drill Kit Bundle, 18-Volt ONE+ Cordless 3/8 in. Drill/Driver.
- Ryobi 12-Volt Lithium-Ion 3/8 in. Cordless Drill/Driver Kit-HJP004L.
- Ryobi P239 18V Lithium Ion Brushless Cordless 2,000 Inch Pound Impact Driver.
Best Cordless Drill from Ryobi - Top Choice
Ryobi P1832 18V One+ Handheld Drill/Driver and Impact Driver Kit
Ryobi 18v One+ Lithium-ion Drill And Impact Driver Kit
This kit is powered by new lithium-ion batteries, the very best value in lithium-ion performance. They hold a charge 4X longer, offer up to 20% more runtime, and are 45% lighter weight than Ni-Cd batteries. Batteries stored on the IntelliPort charger are conditioned for peak performance.
The drill features a ½-inch single sleeve, keyless chuck with an automatic spindle lock for easy bit changes. The drill/driver also features a 2-speed gearbox and 24-position clutch to match your drilling and driving needs. The impact driver delivers 1,600 in-lbs of torque for the most demanding applications and features a belt clip that mounts to both sides for user convenience.
Ryobi Drill Kit Bundle, 18-Volt ONE+ Cordless 3/8 in. Drill/Driver
Ryobi Drill Kit Bundle, 18-Volt ONE+ Cordless 3/8 in. Drill/Driver
RYOBI 18-Volt ONE+ Cordless 3/8 in. Drill/Driver Kit with 1.5Ah Battery and Charger. The drill/driver features a 3/8 in. keyless chuck with a 24-position clutch that adjusts torque output to control the depth of the screw or fastener. Its compact design allows you to work in tight spaces. It also has an LED light to illuminate work surfaces and onboard bit storage for convenience.
This kit is powered by a 1.5Ah lithium-ion battery that delivers fade-free power. Best of all, it’s a part of the RYOBI ONE+ System of over 125 cordless tools that all work with the same battery platform. Backed by the RYOBI 3-Year Manufacturer’s Warranty, the 18-Volt ONE+ 3/8 in. Drill/Driver Kit includes an 18-Volt ONE+ 1.5 Ah Compact Lithium-Ion Battery, an 18-Volt ONE+ Charger, a double-ended bit, and an operator’s manual. The Buho 13″ Tool Bag is perfect for carrying the items or safely storing them.
Ryobi 12-Volt Lithium-Ion 3/8 in. Cordless Drill/Driver Kit
Ryobi 2v Compact Lithium-ion Drill/Driver
Ryobi P239 18V Lithium Ion Brushless Cordless 2,000 Inch Pound Impact Driver
Ryobi P239 18V Lithium Ion Brushless Cordless Drill
- LED LIGHTING: A light at the base of the tool activates upon pulling the trigger, keeping your driving subjects well-lit and shadow-free.
- VARIABLE SPEED TRIGGER: Drive with precision. The harder you pull on the trigger, the closer you get to driving at up to 2,000 Inch-Pounds of torque.
- BELT CLIP: Stay mobile with this impact driver at your side with the help of the attached belt clip.
- INCLUDED BIT: A phillips head bit is included, attached to the tools base, for work right out of the box (battery not included).
All our reviews are based only on expert judgment or practical experience with most of the Tools, Parts, and Accessories. We strive to ensure that our leadership is independent and as detailed as possible.
Mistakes in selecting a drill
Incorrect battery selection
- Voltage (defines power).
- Capacity (affects the duration of work).
- Memory and self-discharge effects (much better when not available).
Buying low capacity batteries for extended periods of time
Battery capacity has a direct effect on the operating time. The higher the capacity, the more time you can work without recharging. The capacity is measured in ampere-hours and depends on which cell is installed inside the battery. The smallest capacity is that of cadmium batteries and the largest capacity is that of lithium-ion batteries. So choose a lithium-based drill for extended periods of work. It costs 2-3 times more, but gives you a few hours warranty.
Long battery charging time
Charging time is different for different models. A professional tool needs about an hour. Amateur – 5-7 hours. Buy a drill that has more time to recharge than it works – a forgivable mistake for a home master. Such a tool is not used very often. And its long recharging does not bring any inconvenience. For a “pro” – a long time of recharging negates all his work. Charging time depends on the characteristics of the battery and the charger.
Buying a cordless drill for very rare jobs
If you take on a drill once or twice a year, it is better to buy an electric tool that works from a socket. After all, each rechargeable battery has its own shelf life. It needs to be recharged and discharged, if not constantly, then often. Otherwise, it loses a lot of capacity. When the shelf life is exceeded, the electrolytes are stratified and the metal plates inside are covered with salt.
Improper battery type selection
If you are wrong about the choice of battery and do not know how to use it, you will eventually realize that it is not suitable for you at all.
So please note that drills use three different types of batteries:
- nickel cadmium (Ni-Cd) batteries. They are not expensive. But they are small and toxic. They suffer from self-discharge and the “memory effect”. Can not be stored for long without charging. And the biggest drawback is that you can’t charge a battery that is not fully charged. That is, there is no possibility of recharging during a snack.
- nickel-metal-hydride (Ni-MH). Originally designed to replace nickel cadmium batteries, but because of the same shortcomings could not take a worthy place in the range of batteries for power tools. More powerful, with the same dimensions, than Ni-Cd batteries. The charging cycle varies between 200-300 recharges. The developers have eliminated the problem of memory effect, so they can be recharged. The only drawback is the high degree of self-discharge, compared to other types of batteries.
- lithium-ion (Li-Ion). The most popular. High capacity and power. Do not lose capacity in the freezing cold. The number of full recharges – 3000. Can be recharged at any time without waiting for full discharge. No memory effects. No self-discharge effect. But their price is much higher.
The most powerful is not always the best
A powerful drill is needed for continuous work with maximum load. If this is not planned, do not choose a high power. The powerful one has its disadvantages:
- It is heavy. It is inconvenient to work on weight, your hands get tired.
- Big size. You will not be able to work in places that are difficult to access.
- For homework, it is better to take a drill that is less powerful, compact, but with good torque.
FAQ - Cordless Drill Tips
For home use is quite enough 12v, and the best is 18v. The difference in price between 12 and 18v is insignificant, so it is better to overpay a little and buy more help.
Power, mobility and weight are all considerations in choosing a cordless drill.
Cordless drill power is measured in volts, with the most powerful models being up to 20 volts. As a warning, the higher the voltage of the drill, the heavier it will be.